The global pandemic known as COVID-19 (or coronavirus) has forced many of us into a state of hyperawareness about where we go and what we do. Amidst all the news and noise surrounding the pandemic, many of us have been feeling underprepared and unsure. At EVmatch, we want everyone who is engaging with our peer-to-peer network to remain safe. That’s why we developed a few guides to help both EV drivers and charging hosts navigate these unusual times.
Safety Guidelines for Hosts
As an EVmatch charging host, you’re supporting the clean energy economy. You may not realize it, but your charger is also one of the safest options available to EV drivers. Guests to your charger don’t need to touch anything other than the cable and plug because our app enables virtual booking and payment. Many drivers that had been using public stations around town or along highways before the pandemic are avoiding those options for safety reasons. That means many more drivers are in need of charging access and you can step in with a contactless service to support your community.
To help both you and your charging guests remain safe, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Sanitize your charger’s connector cable and plug before and after each use. If possible, leave a bottle of hand sanitizer by your cable for guests to use.
- Practice social distancing by remaining at least 6 feet away from charging guests at all times
- Advertise your charger on Nextdoor to help your neighbors who are now struggling to find safe places to charge
Safety Guidelines for Drivers
We’re committed to serving our network users while taking the necessary precautions to ensure safety. We’ve heard from many customers who want more charging access near their home because they’re nervous to use public stations or gas stations (for PHEV drivers) during the pandemic.
Please follow these guidelines to protect both yourself and others:
- Wear a mask, such as surgical masks and face visors
- Practice social distancing by remaining at least 6 feet away from charging hosts or others in the host’s neighborhood
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after your charging session
- Support your local community by using an EVmatch station. Together, we can keep transportation revenues local during this time of financial hardship
Discounts & Offers
We also want to do what we can during these hard times to support our local businesses and property owners. That’s why we’re offering a significant hardware discount for commercial or multi-family hosts. This is an opportunity for you to diversify revenue streams and increase resiliency in the face of our current pandemic, as well as future hardships. If you want to learn more about this offer, please click here to contact us and enter “COVID” on the “Offer?” line.
We’re also pleased to offer promo code COVID valued at $20 of charging credit to help all those adversely affected by the pandemic.
Whether you’re hosting a charger for EV drivers in need or supporting your local community by using EVmatch charging stations and keeping transportation revenue local, thank you.